Home » Posts tagged 'WEEK 6'
Tag Archives: WEEK 6
I decided to reflect on the following:
BEST PRACTICE FOR LIBRARY SOCIAL NETWORK PRESENCES
WHAT ARE THEY?
At the beginning of the week, I did not understand or know what “Best Practice for Libraries Social Network Presences” is so I started to do same research on the topic. Using Google, I found a number of good sites that talk about “Best Practice” so I formulated them into a Bundlr. (See bottom of the page)
- ACCURATE – Information that is place on your social media sites must be accurate and with no spelling errors.
- CONFIDENTIALITY – Make sure all personal information that is place on your social media sites is safe.
- COPYRIGHT – Follow copyright laws.
- FEED BACK – Allow your users and staff to give you feedback on any issues that affect your social media sites.
- MARKETING – For people to use your social media sites you must promote them on your web site.
- MONITORING – Your social media sites should be monitored every day to make sure that the conversations on your sites are appropriate to your brand.
- PLANNING – Understand the needs of your users, before setting up any social media site. As Zaana Howard stated in her interview with Kate Davis that is not worth setting up social media site for example “Second Life” if your users will not use it.
- UPTO DATE – Do not set up any social media sites if you are not prepared to keep them up to date.
- UNDERSTANDING – Make sure everyone who is involved understands your brand.
- WELCOMING – Have the layout of your social media sites friendly and welcoming and always write in the first person. Make sure your social media sites have personality.
Social Media is great way to get your community to interact with each other but do not forget to promoted your brand face to face with your users also.